1. Only when you have obtained sufficient data ______ come to a sound conclusion.
A. can you
B. you can
C. would you
D. you would
2. ______ that this region was so rich in natural resources.
A. Little he knew
B. Little did he know C.Little he did know
D. Little he had known
3. Never again ______ political office after his 1928 defeat for the presidency.
A. Alfred E. Smith seriously sought
B. seriously Alfred E. Smith sought
C. when did Alfred E. Smith seriously seek
D. did Alfred E. Smith seriously seek
4. Only in recent years ______ begun to realize that wild dogs, kept within bounds, often do more good than harm.
A. people have
B. since people have
C. have people
D. people who have
5. _______, we were not going to make any concessions to his unreasonable demands.
A. What may come
B. come what may
C. May what come
D. What come
6. Not until I shouted at the top of my voice ______ his head.
A. that he turned
B. did he turn
C. he didn't turn
D. he had turned
7. ______ received law degrees as today.
A. Never so women have
B. The women aren't ever
C. Women who have never
D. Never have so many women
8. Heat does not travel by convection in solid, because the solid does not move, ______.
A. so does a liquid
B. so a liquid does
C. as does a liquid
D. so is a liquid
9. On no account ______ to anyone.
A. my name must be mentioned
B. must my name mention
C. must my name be mentioned
D. my name must mention
10. ______ that they may eventually reduce the amount of labor needed on construction sites by 90 percent.
A. Such construction robots are clever
B. So clever the construction robots are
C. So clever are the construction robots
D. Such clever construction robots are